GetResponse Jomlink Documentation
- Purchase the plug-in.
- After purchasing, you will receive a welcome email from Intellispire, and access to the Intellispire Member's area.
- Login to the member's area, click on "My Downloads", and then click on the "download" button next to the product to save the file to your hard drive. Remember where you saved the file.
- Once downloaded, login to the Joomla! Administrator for your website.
- Once logged in to the Administrator, go to Extensions > Install/Uninstall.
- Choose the file that you just saved to your hard drive. Upload and install it.
The GetResponse plugin sends the email addresses of newly registered users to your GetResponse list and adds them to your Joomla! user database. In order to activate this functionality, you must set up and configure the plugin.
Follow these easy instructions:
- Inside the Administrator, select Extensions > Plugin Manager >GetResponse Notification Pluting
- Once on that page, you will need to provide the data for Plugin Parameters -- Campaign and API Key -- which you will acquire from inside your GetResponse account. Please Note: GetResponse is no longer providing API keys to FREE accounts. Make sure you have upgraded to a paid plan in order to obtain your API key.
- Leave your Joomla Administrator open and open a new browser window.
- Get your API Key: In your browser, login to your GetReponse account.
- Go to Account > Edit Settings, and scroll down to number 6 for the API Key. Copy the API key.
- Go back to GetResponse Notification Plugin. (Probably the last item on your list, you may need navigate to the next page.)
- Click on GetResponse Notification Plugin.
- On the left side, confirm that your plugin is enabled. Either by checking yes or choosing Enabled from a drop down box, depending on the version of Joomla you are using.
- Paste the API key you just found into the API key field on the plugin parameters.
- For the Campaign field just use the campaign name you used when you set it up in GetResponse.
NOTE: Do not use @getresponse.com as part of your campaign name! i.e. Your campaign name would be MyCampaign, NOT
firstname.lastname@example.org. You can use multiple campaign names, separated by a comma.
- Decide at what point in the process your users will be subscribed. Choose Subscribe When:
- User Activates Account - waits until the confirmation link is clicked before adding the member to the email service.
- Immediately Upon Registration - subscribes the user to the service as soon as they register.
Testing the Plugin
You will want to test to ensure your registration system works as expected.
- Go to the standard Joomla! registration page on your website and create an account.
- After confirming your registration login to your GetResponse account to verify that the new user has been added to the correct email list. Check the users db in Joomla to insure the user is also added there.
- Your GetResponse Plugin is setup and ready to receive your signups and start building your list.
If you would like to use the plugin with Community Builder in such a way that users are not registered until after confirmation,
you must install a bridge plugin into Community Builder. See the Community Builder knowledgebase article for more details. This additional plugin is included in the Jomlink.
The GetResponse Module displays a GetResponse sign-up box anywhere a module can be displayed on your website, including within content. You can have as many modules as you like, each configured for different lists.
In standard mode, the form is placed within your web page, when someone clicks "submit", the browser takes them to GetResponse, then returns them to whatever page you have specified.
In Advanced mode, all this happens in an onpage window called an "iframe". The advantage here is that your prospect never leaves your site and what they are doing is not interrupted.
In order to create a subscription form on your website, you must activate the GetResponse module.
- Inside your Joomla! Administrator, access the Module Manager (Joomla -> Extensions | Module Manager)
- Find the appropriate Sign Up form (you may have to page through the list of modules), click it to configure
In the "Redirect" field, you can add the link to the page where your customer will be redirected after signup. This is usually a "Thank You" page.
- On the left side confirm the plugin is Enabled.
- Choose the appropriate template position and pages on which to display the module. (See Joomla! Docs)
- Customize the "Teaser Text" for your company
The rest of the fields can be left as default. Use these, for example, if you would like to say "First Name", instead of Name, change it here.
Click on Save or Apply.
- Enter the GetResponse List (campaign) Name you would like to subscribe your users to. This is the part before the "@getresponse.com".
- Optionally, enter a tracking code in the "Ref" section.
In order to take advantage of advanced (iframe) mode, simply open up the Advanced Parameters tab, and select "Yes", run in iFrame. Then place the text you would like your users to see on return (HTML allowed). Note, in this case, the redirect parameter is ignored.
You have full control over the displayed form. Simply alter the iframe height and width if necessary (for advanced mode), or the complete form template in Layout Template. We suggest you leave the Layout Template alone unless you have special requirements and know exactly what you are doing.
- For Advanced mode, click on Advanced Parameters dropdown on the right side.
- Click the radio button "Yes, Run in Iframe".
- Next customize the text. Leave all other settings as they were for standard mode. Redirect is ignored in advanced mode.
- Double check the left side of the page to make sure your form is enabled and that you have positioned it to your liking.
- You have full control over the look of your form by editing the HTML in the "Layout Template". Be careful not to remove the variable code in the HTML.
- Click the Save or Apply button
Testing the Module
Now you will want to test all the way through to ensure your signup system works as you expect it to.
- Go to the page on your website where you placed the form and signup for your offer.
- Make sure you are re-directed to the page you expect.
- Check your email to see that you received the message you expect.
- Check your GetResponse account to make sure the name is added to your list.
- In advanced mode, expect that after pressing the "subscribe" button, your form will be replaced by the Thank You text. You will not leave that page.
Tips & Tricks
Creating Multiple Forms, each linked to a different List
- Create multiple lists in your GetResponse account
- Use the Module Manager to create a new module instance for each list (Joomla -> Extensions | Module Manager; click "new")
- Customize each module as needed for each list
- In the menu assignment, use "Select Menu Item(s) from the List" to choose the landing page(s) on which you would like this particular form to appear.
Adding a Form inside of Content
Instructions for this tip are beyond the scope of this document. For full details,
see our blog post on how to create a Squeeze Page in Joomla! to work with GetResponse.
Be sure to subscribe to our blog so you can get more up to date tips and tricks on using your Intellispire software products to increase the ROI of your website.
If you need further assistance, please initiate a support ticket with our Help Desk here: http://support.intellispire.com
When requesting support for your purchase, please provide all pertinent information, including:
- Your Intellispire account email (usually your PayPal email) or the PayPal receipt #.
- The exact item you are having a problem with [ Jomlink 5.9, for example]
- Joomla! version
- PHP version
- Hosting account (linux cpanel, for example)
- URL where item is installed.
A good problem report includes a description of the issue you are having, what exactly you did (so we can duplicate your process), what you expected to happen, and what actually happened. If an error message is available, then copy & paste that. A screen shot, if available, would be wonderful.
Thank you for providing this information up-front, as it will help us to serve you more efficiently.